Bowls Coordinator – Rules Club Wagga
The Rules Club Wagga has been a much-loved part of Wagga Wagga for generations. We have been here since 1973.
The Club is a full sports and entertainment precinct. We have a modern Clubhouse with a popular Bistro, Café, Function Rooms, Boardroom, Bridal Room, Sports Bar and Gaming. We have on-site bowling greens, a sports oval, netball courts, and even offer 4-star accommodation at our very own award-winning Quality Suites Hotel.
The Club boasts strong men’s and women’s bowling clubs, with 180 members and 7 pennants sides. The Club maintains two high quality greens.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Bowls Coordinator who will have overall responsibility for administering, fostering, and championing the sport of Bowls at the Rules Club.
The role is fulltime, 38 hours per week.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Bowls Coordinator with a real passion for the sport of Bowls.
We would love you to have:
- Previous experience in a Bowls Development or Bowls Coordinator role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A positive, outgoing and friendly disposition.
- A strong ability to organise and negotiate with key stakeholders.
- RSA and first aid certificates (or ability to obtain upon employment).
What you’ll be doing:
The Bowls Coordinator acts as the conduit between the Club and the Bowling Sub Clubs, working with the Sub Clubs to organise, manage, coordinate and promote the sport of Bowls at the Club, and ensuring maximum use of the Club’s bowling greens.
You will be responsible for (amongst other things):
- Managing the annual Bowls program including tournaments and the daily running of Bowls events.
- Managing and maintaining all records as required by the Sub Clubs, District, Zone and State Bowls organisations.
- Liaising with Greens and Maintenance staff to coordinate the use of the bowling greens.
- Coordinating with Club Coaches, Umpires and Committees to meet Bowls NSW regulations and requirements.
- Working with the Sub Clubs to organize volunteer rosters and maintain records.
- Organising the orientation and the induction of volunteers (coaches and umpires etc.).
- Identifying and organising the training and education opportunities for volunteers.
- Participating as a member of the men’s and women’s Match Committees.
- Participating as a Pennant Selector, including organising trial games, selection of teams, preparing cards to play and liaising with District, Zone and Bowls NSW regarding grading of players and nomination of grades.
Applications will close 13th September 2021 at 5.00pm
Please click here to apply.